Have you ever thought of shooting and seeing how a bullet breaks glass, how a bubble pops or even how water flows? If you use a regular camera, you wouldn’t see much but if you find a camera that shoots 80,000 frames per second then you will see how interesting the scenarios above look like. Here are a few things to consider when you want to work with videos with high frame rates.
- Choose your weapon, well in this case you choose the right camera to be used. It is important that you find a high speed camera that can record fast events or scenarios. There are now lots of different high speed cameras and it will all depend on your budget. You should not just take a look at the frame rate the camera is capable of capturing but also its resolution as well as light sensitivity.
- Find lenses that will do great for the job. Aside from your camera, you might also need to have additional powerful lenses to capture a high speed shot clearly. This comes in handy when you are shooting outdoors and when the light is not being cooperative. You can also add in macro lenses and other types of lenses to create focus and enable you to capture every detail of that moment.
- Take a look at your environment and make sure that it is proper for your video shoot. When you are indoors, it would be much easier to control the environment because you can easily add lighting. For those who are working outdoors, you need to check the weather and make sure the conditions will enable you to shoot your video. You can use reflectors if the light is not enough and you also have to make sure that your equipment is protected from rain or the sun.
- Lighting plays a very important part in high frame rate videos because it helps make your work visual. The higher the frame rate is, the more light is required. The lighting you need to have will illuminate each detail of your subject and sometimes even if the fcpx plugins review says that the lighting effect of that specific plug-in is great, it is still useless in this field. Select flicker free ballasts so that it doesn’t affect your work.
- Make sure you have a systematic process to create your high speed video. The video you get from your camera is just a raw footage of your short clip and even if it is just a raw clip, it can consume lots of space in your storage. Make sure you work with people who know how to deal with the raw footage that you have so that they won’t accidentally ruin it and lead you to film once again. If you don’t have your own equipment for the high speed videos, you can rent them out but most of the rental houses would require you to have a Tech savvy personnel working with you. This makes the job easier for you and it also helps keep their equipment safe.